Tuesday, February 02, 2010

When Will the Precipitation End?

















Man, I can't believe it's snowing again. On December 20th we had a record snowfall of 20 inches, which delayed my trip home from NY for five hours. The snow from that winter storm stuck around for a while. Not long afterward, we suddenly had a day near 70 degrees.

Then, on January 20 we had severe rainstorms that delayed my flight home from Atlanta by five hours. On January 30th we got seven inches of snow. The sidewalks are still slick with thick, lumpy ice from that, and today while walking home from errands, I saw people still shoveling snow.

For tonight, the weatherman has predicted another 3-6 inches of snow. For Saturday and Sunday, an even "bigger" winter storm is coming. How big? Who knows? They haven't said yet. They just keep calling it bigger than the last.

So my plans for tomorrow are all cancelled. I had a car reserved for the whole day, but ZipCar was kind enough to allow me to cancel penalty-free due to the forecasted snow accumulation.

Even when I lived up in NY I never saw this much snow. Sheesh! On the bright side, living in an apartment building has its advantages, as does not having a car. . . .


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should live in the Pacific Northwest. 55+ degrees today, sunny, and nice. Everyone's doing yard work. It's a tough life...

Paul

Susie said...

At least we have four seasons here. You guys only have Rain and Not Rain.