Friday, February 05, 2010

Bracing for the Snow

The snow has started falling here. It's a wet snow right now, and the weatherman predicts 18-30" for this area. On Wednesday I got a ZipCar to run errands. I really didn't need to buy a lot of food. It was more important than anything that I got milk. I can't go a day without milk.

All week long, any time you turn on the news here, they're talking about the big storm headed our way from Texas. It's going to be rain for the southern states, but a ton of snow beginning with Virginia and heading north from here.

When I went to Whole Foods Wednesday around 5pm, it was a bit more crowded than usual, but I got in and out quickly. Then today I saw this story on the news—last night around 7pm the Whole Foods near my home was so inundated with last-minute shoppers that they actually had to close for a half hour to process the folks in there! Then they had to let groups of people shop in shifts. Too funny. One woman was on her cell phone panicking because they wouldn't let her in right away.

Funny, last night I realized that I had everything I needed except for green vegies. I wasn't going to be able to go three whole days eating just corn with my lunch and dinner meals. So this morning before the snow started, I walked to Whole Foods to buy some frozen peas and broccoli. I also needed to check my mail box downtown to see if my stupid tenant had mailed the rent for February yet. Nope. Of course not. It's time to take legal action against her—something I dread because of the amount of time that it will consume.

A wet snow started to fall on my walk to town. It was 36 degrees out, and the flakes melted as soon as they touched my clothing, so it was more like being out in a light rain than snow. But I got my peas, came home, took a shower, washed my hair, put my sweats on, and am ready to spend about 2-3 days in this chair. Thank god we have a gym in my building. Plus, what a great time to have the Super Bowl. That will keep people occupied on Sunday.

Go Saints!

No comments: