Friday, February 05, 2010

First Snow Images





















When I was a kid, after coming in from playing in the snow we'd strip off all our wet outer clothing in the garage, go inside the house, put fuzzy slippers on, and drink hot cocoa in front of the fireplace.

Today, when I came in from shooting some night photos of the heavy wet snow, I plopped down in my chair, put my laptop in my lap (for warmth) and immediately downloaded my pictures to the computer, compressed them, and posted them on my blog.

Gee, things have changed. But I did have fun out in the snow! Brrrrr. The wind was whipping up icy snow. That stuff stings when it hits you in the face.

Here are a few images, taken within a few blocks of where I live. It's a new camera, so I had to mess around with the settings to try to get pictures at the right exposure that aren't blurry. Still working on figuring that out. This camera has more settings than I know what to do with. But a handful of the 68 pictures that I shot during my brief excursion seemed to come out OK.







No comments: