Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snow 5.0

You kno-o-o-o-o-w. . . I was pretty sure that when I left New York just over a year ago, I turned left. But now I'm not so sure. This is the South. I'd swear to it. Last time I looked, Virginia is below the Mason-Dixon line.

But we are in the midst of our fifth significant snow of the season. Since 4:00PM today we've gotten another inch of snow where I live, and it's only going to get worse through the night.

Roofs are caving in from the 12 million Olympic-sized-pool-fulls of snow that fell in this area last weekend. Grocery stores are sold out of bananas and dozens of other items. The Federal Government has been closed for days (although that can be a blessing because for once we don't have to hear about congressmen fighting like kids on a playground over the Health Care bill).

Schools have been closed since last Friday and are already closed for the rest of this week. I haven't gotten any mail delivered to my home since last week. And if I don't get my Netflix movies soon, I'm going to have to get a new hobby.

Of course, my cats think that I live strictly for them now because I'm home so much, and they are taking extreme advantage of that situation. Boy are they going to be in for a rude awakening when (if) I find a new job. Well, first we have to move.

At least I've fninished quite a bit of packing for my move. This time I'll make it a point to double-check my route—I gotta be sure I turn left when I leave D.C.

No comments: