Monday, February 08, 2010

Another 8-12" On the Way
















Schools are already closed for tomorrow. The Metro is still down - no trains, no buses. They are running some underground trains, but that only helps if you're only going one to three stops (like Crystal City to the Pentagon, for example). The airport finally reopened today, but flights out were limited.

The roads are still being cleared here. The piles of snow are huge! Many of the sidewalks are treacherous. I walked around Old Town, Alexandria, today for over two hours, so I can vouch for that. The problem is that the street plows push the snow right back up onto the street corners, blocking in pedestrians.

It is truly a gorgeous winter wonderland out there! It was nice to see the sun today, but that won't last long. My face is still red, which I can't explain. I took more pictures and just posted them to a new Picasa album.

Tomorrow around noon we are expecting the next winter snow storm, with accumulations of up to 12" by Wednesday morning.

This was yesterday's view from my apartment window, around dusk:

No comments: