Tuesday, November 30, 2004

It's Chrismastime!

It's official. As of 9:00pm tonight, the huge spruce in Rockefeller Center Plaza is lit! This is my first holiday season in New York but I can already tell you--I love Christmas in New York! When I go out in the evenings to walk around midtown to look at all the Christmas decorations and lights and people everywhere, I can't help but get all consumed with Christmas spirit. I find myself looking around at the bright surroundings and smiling. Nighttime is the best time in New York.

The neat Christmas light displays in store windows are awe-inspiring. Reindeer frolic, Rudolph's nose glows, snowmen smile back at you...it's just astounding. I've never felt more "Christmas-y" in my life. Sidewalk trees are all lit up with strings of white lights. And the annual tree-lighting at the Plaza tonight officially kicked off Christmas 2004.

If you've never been to New York during the holidays, put it on your life to-do list. It is an amazing sight to behold. If you have young children, bring them here in December. They'll never forget it as long as they live. Everyone should partake of New York Christmas festivities at least once in their lives.

I will be sure to carry my camera with me as much as I can so I can share this wonderful feeling with you all!

Happy Holidays!

No comments: