Thursday, November 11, 2004

Day Five - Hello New Jersey!

07:19 I'm on the train to New Jersey! That was pretty easy. Take the 1 subway two stops to Penn Station, head to NJTransit, buy a ticket at a vending machine, head to track 4, and get on the train! This is my first time on a real train. It will also be my first time in the Garden state. Only $15.75 for a round-trip ticket. Shoot. I wish I'd bought a NY Times to read. It's an hour and twenty minutes to Trenton--about 70 miles. Sunrise, sunrise.

Man, there's hardly anyone on this train. And no one yacking on a cell phone, thank God. I meant to get on the 7:34 train, but I was early and got on the train that was leaving, by mistake. I guess it doesn't matter.

---------------------------
So New Jersey was not exactly interesting. The client's site was a gorgeous, newly built brick and glass campus. But the rest of the state (that I saw)--not much to tell you. I felt like I was "out in the country" the whole time.

The good thing is, now I know how to get there. And I also learned that it's only a 10-minute train ride to Newark airport, so that's probably the cheapest way to travel to and from the airport (from now on).

Wow--that was the fifth sunny day in a row here! And the weather was really beautiful. Tomorrow I have my first day at my client's site. This is going to be where the "fun" really starts....

Ta-ta!

No comments: