Saturday, November 13, 2004

Day Six - First Day at Client Site

Not just my first day at the client site (which we'll call "brokerage house" from now on), but my first day of rain! It not only rained a lot--it was windy too. Glad I got that long, hooded rain coat at Nordstrom Rack when I went shopping there with Shelley this past spring!

The people at the brokerage house are great. VERY nice. I was a bit leery of going in there, but they all seemed happy to see me, and they made me feel quite welcome. I had some good laughs too. The guy (I'll call him Kev) who sits next to the cubicle I'm parked in is pretty funny. Even the head honcho welcomed me. So I left my first day feeling relieved and successful...and only slightly overwhelmed. I've been told by several TAMs that the first 6 months on the job are overwhelming, and that I won't be fully trained until after the first year. But, after that, it's the best job at my company. I'm excited about my future here.

Poor Martin the cat is pretty pissed at me. He talks A LOT. He won't leave me alone for a moment (unless he's sleeping or eating--which is most of the time). And a couple of days ago he started the "I wanna go out" cry by the front door. It's a sad, sad, cry. Quite pitiful. The guilt is killing me. He definitely wants a bigger place! So I think I'll be searching for a loft when I start my apartment hunt. Something with stairs, hopefully. If not a loft, it at least needs to have a terrace so my Boo-Boo can go "out." I think he's getting a bit stir crazy.

Today it's sunny, even though the weather man predicted rain. I'm going to see if I can find Saks Fifth Avenue and maybe walk up to the south end of Central Park. And today will conclude my first week in the city! I have become quite good at the subway thing. :)

No comments: