Saturday, February 12, 2005

Unpacking

Let’s see…it’s been three weeks since I moved into this apartment. It’s the smallest place I’ve ever lived – and would you believe I’m still not done unpacking? That’s partly because I sold most my furniture in Bellevue, and partly because I work too much. So, I have to order furniture as I go, and then assemble it. Last weekend I bought a huge 5’-wide wardrobe from a couple downstairs – for just 50 bucks. They needed to get rid of it, and I needed the storage space. Heck, they even delivered it directly to the spot in my foyer where it now stands. Thanks to that purchase, I don’t need to rent a larger storage unit and move everything from the smaller unit to a bigger one.

The bathroom is the one room that’s “done,” but I’m making serious progress on the others.

Today I posted some pictures of the apartment when it was still empty in January. Not very thrilling. You can see the main reason I chose this place above the others I looked at: the windows. Tons of windows, lots of light! In fact, it’s as bright as my last home, which had a wall of windows facing Lake Sammamish and the Cascade mountains. My view here isn’t quite the same. Later I will post more pictures of my views – which mainly consist of old brick walls.

I especially like my place at night. You can see the lights of Broadway from the living room. I especially like New York at night. There’s something about the nighttime energy and lights that make me feel so alive.

Stay tuned for my first celebrity sighting!

No comments: