Saturday, July 19, 2008

Beach Observations

July 19, 2008

Today I explored quite a bit of the local Long Island coastline on foot, and I'd like to provide this brief report of the three main Brooklyn beach areas that I visited:

  • Sheepshead Bay - for those who can afford to gas up their Hummers
  • Manhattan Beach - for those who buy their bikinis from the "gigantic" rack
  • Brighton Beach - where the thin, young, beautiful people are
  • Coney Island - where you'll see some downright un-pretty folk wearing 80's hair and way too much clothing for 97-degree weather

I must say, it's blistering hot here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susie, I wish it was hot here.... I love the heat... I have been reading your blog for a long time now and tonight I decided to tell you how much I enjoy your writing... Thank you and if you will keep writing I will keep reading... Sirleanto