Wednesday, June 21, 2006

New York: The Most Polite City


This is what I’ve been saying all along: New Yorkers are wonderful people. See for yourself. The results of an undercover poll completed by Readers Digest are posted in this article: New Yorkers are polite? Yes, says mag. The article also mentions which international cities have the rudest residents. (Not including Maryland - ha!)

One of the things that amazed me about New York was that, even with all the hustle and bustle and everybody being in a hurry to get where they're going, 95% of the time, a man would step back to let me step off the elevator first. It's true. I used to think that maybe chivalry wasn't dead after all.

And yes, in the Big Apple people routinely hold doors open for other people, and whenever you need directions, usually someone will offer before you have to ask.

I love New York. Maybe one day I’ll get to live there again. Or within a short drive. I'll keep buying Lotto tickets. . . .

No comments: