Thursday, December 23, 2004

A Cat Hair-Less Home?

Ha! No such animal. Or should I say, “No such thing”?

I’ve never seen a cat shed more than my Martin. It doesn't matter how much I brush him. And the thing is, he sleeps in my bed. So my pillow case and sheets quickly become covered with cat hair not long after washing them. After so many days, the cat hairs on my pillow case begin to tickle my nose, and it’s time to either flip the pillow or swap out the pillow case.

Seeing as how washing the sheets is an expensive thing to do in NYC, I thought it best to keep a couple spare pillow cases hidden so that I can occasionally swap mine out with one of the clean ones, thereby washing the sheets less often.

Yesterday I made the mistake of leaving the drawer of my night stand open just a moment too long. Before I could close it, Martin was in it, making a little nest for himself.

Guess where I store one of the spare pillow cases?

Sigh. Time to do laundry.

No comments: